LTGD21 Workshop 3 Agenda
May 22, 2023
8:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Online)
8:30 a.m. Discuss successes and challenges of implementation of presentations and WebQuests.
9:00 a.m. Teachers will learn about screencasts. Included in session, hands-on follow-up support for screencasting, implementation ideas, overcoming teaching challenges in a remote environment.
● Screencastify (Chrome browser extension)
● QuickTime (for Apple products)
● Loom (Chrome browser extension or free download, check for school account)
● Zoom (can record a screencast with only you in a meeting)
● Camtasia (free 30-day trial)
10:15 a.m. BREAK
10:30 a.m. Interactive Video
Teachers will be introduced to interactive video, with opportunity for hands-on creation. Implementation ideas for use in remote teaching shared.
11:20 a.m. Helpful web tools for teaching remotely or in person
11:30 a.m. LUNCH
12:30 p.m. Work on your screencast/Interactive Video
2:00 p.m. Closing thoughts
● Access to Products
● Teachers will complete the online: Teacher Assessment of Student Technology Skills
2:30 p.m. ADJOURN
For your screencast (using loom, quicktime, screencastify or any other software), it will be:
● Be 5 minutes or less
● Include a summary of your PPA WebQuest or PPA Presentation
● Describe the details of the implementation of your PPA WebQuest or PPA Presentation or show student work which was created from your presentation or WebQuest.
● Relate “lessons learned” --what might you do differently the next time you use your WebQuest or Presentation?
● Include any ideas/thoughts about the technology used, or skill developed, that have positively impacted your teaching, and students’ learning. Reflect in terms of student engagement and achievement.
Tutorials for Using Loom
By June 22, 2023, please submit/share your screencast here
For your interactive video (using playposit, edpuzzle or another site) you will:
● Find a short video you want to use with your students (from youtube, teachertube, TedED, your own screencast etc)
● Add at least four (4) annotations/interactions/content to that video
By June 22, 2023, please submit/share your interactive video here